Global Clinical and Translational Research > Editorial Board
C. L. Hughes, MD, PhD, Durham, NC, USA
F. Zhang, D.Phil., MS, Bethesda, MD, USA
D.R. Mattison, MD, MS. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
D. St Clair, MD Ph.D., Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
H-W Deng, Ph.D.,Professor and Chair, Tulane University, LA, USA
X-F Huang, MD, Ph.D., DSc., Professor and Director, The University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Q. Lu, MD Ph.D., Professor and Director, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
S Sumner, Ph.D., Professor and Director, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
X. Tian, PhD, Professor and Dean, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
R. Yan, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, The University of Connecticut School of Medicine, CT, USA
H. Zhang, Ph.D., Professor, Northwestern University, IL, USA
Y. Zhou, MD, Ph.D., Professor and Director, The University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
S. Chen, PhD, The MD Anderson Center, TX, USA
P. Gichangi, MBChB,Med, Ph.D. MPH. The University of Nairobi, Kenya & Ghent University, Belgium
A. Hendrix, Ph.D., The Covance Laboratories, WI, USA
M. Koola, MD, George Washington University, DC, USA
T. Li, Ph.D., Renmin University, Beijing, China
W. Li, MD PhD. Center for Chinese Medicine of BUCM, MD, USA
W. Li, Ph.D., National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Beijing, China
Y. Obasanjo, DVD, Ph.D., The College of William & Mary, VA, USA
Q. Tan, MD Ph.D., The University of South Denmark, Odense, Denmark
L. Tian, Ph.D., The University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
C. Wang, MD, Ph.D., The University of Oulu, Finland
B. Wang, MD Ph.D., The National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan
F. Wang, MD PhD, Center for Chinese Medicine of BUCM, MD, USA
H. Wang, Ph.D., Baylor School of Medicine, Texas, USA
J. Wang, Ph.D., Nanjing University of Science and Technology, China
P-H Wang, The University of Hong Kong, China
S. Wu, Ph.D., SAS Institute, NC, USA
Y. Xu, Ph.D., Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
X. Yin, PhD. The University of Michigan, MI, USA
R. Yang, MD, Ph.D., Peking University Cancer Hospital, Beijing, China
J. Zhang, Ph.D., Paragon Services, MD, USA
H. Zhou, MD, MPH, Columbia University, NY, USA
Assistant Managing Editor
Lily L. Qin, PhD (computational scientist)
Y. Zhang, PhD (Sociology); J. Ou, MD PhD (Child Psychiatry); J. Michael Shih, MS (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
The Editorial Board comprise of Editors-in-Chief, Deputy-Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editors, and Editorial Board members.
- Remain the chairpersons of the board, hence allowed to take the final decision in any regard, including the monitoring of publication ethics.
- Are ultimately accountable for the quality of the journal’s contents and direction of the journal within the Aims and Scopes outlined.
- Are responsible for identifying an important topic and keep up with the current research in related fields and timely contribution to editorials or commentaries for publications in all associated journals.
- Direct the editorial office and editorial staff in sourcing high-quality manuscripts, handling day to day paperwork, and organizing the flow of manuscripts, from author(s) to reviewers and back.
- Finally, approve the reviewed manuscript for publications.
- Must have a good record of peer-reviewed publications and detailed knowledge of one or more subject areas.
- Have experience in serving the editorial board of an academic journal and peer-review of manuscripts.
- Direct the review process with necessary assistance from the editorial office for the assigned manuscript.
- Identify qualified reviewers for the assigned manuscript, make suggestions for the editorial office to contact, and is responsible for completing the review process.
- Make recommendation regarding the decision on the assigned manuscript.
- Contribute to editorial and commentaries on the related subjects
Specific guidance as follow:
- Once the editorial office completes the preliminary check for a manuscript, an Associate Editor will be contacted if the article is in the area of editor’s research interest. The assigned editor is expected to take up the assignment at the earliest possible time. If he or she declines the assignment due to some reasons, that should also be informed to the Editorial Office at the earliest convenience.
- Before accepting an assignment, the assigned editor should have no Conflicts of Interest with regard to the assigned manuscript (e.g., academic competition, financial relationship).
- The Assigned Editor should treat each author with proper dignity, courtesy, appropriate behavior irrespective of considering the matter and fate of the manuscript, and judge every submission equally and transparently.
- The editor should not reveal any information regarding the author, reviewer or the article information to anyone, complete confidentiality maintenance is mandatory.
- The editor provides the final judgment on the assigned manuscript within the allotted time with necessary justification, with assistance from editorial office, communicating with the reviewers or authors during the review process of the assigned manuscript.
- The editor should be responsible for any query regarding the reconsideration of editorial decisions and should provide the decision quickly and clearly with proper reasons.
- Once the Editorial Office notifies the assigned editor regarding any information at any stage of the publication process for an assigned manuscript, the editor should respond as early as possible.
Editorial Board Member
- Should have an MD or Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the relevant subject and have a good publication record or a detailed knowledge of one or more subject areas.
- Provide editorial suggestions on journal policies.
- Identify outside reviewers and severe as a reviewer for a manuscript in your research areas.
- On behalf of the journal, invite potential manuscripts or contribute submissions, including editorial.
- Organize special issues on hot topics and serve as one of the guest editors; a brief proposal needs to be submitted to the editorial office.
- Promote the journal at conferences or among colleagues.
- Board members are expected to complete at least 1 reviews annually and to do so in a timely manner or other contributions. Those who consistently decline to complete reviews or who do not complete them in time will be asked to leave the Board.