Reply to comments
Reply to Comments on "Beyond P-value: the Rigor and Power of Study"
Fengyu Zhang, Claude Hughes
We received commentaries that included comments on our paper. Here we provide replies to the comments in the order received. To avoid confusion, we made a revision in the Table 1 to assure that level of significance and power at specified effect size are used appropriately.
Copyright © 2019 by Global Clinical and Translational Research.
How to cite this article:
Zhang, F and Hughes CL. Beyond p-value: the rigor and power of study. Glob Clin Transl Res. 2020; 2(1):13-15. DOI:10.36316/gcatr.02.0025.
1. Kraemer HC. A comment on “Beyond p-value: the rigor and power of study". Glob Clin Transl Res. 2020;2(1):7-9.
2. Zhang F, Hughes C. Beyond p-value: the rigor and power of study. Glob Clin Transl Res. 2020;2(1):1-6.
3. Fisher R. Statistical Methods for Research Worker. Edin-gburg: Oliver and Boyd; 1925.
4. Wu S. Improve reproducibility by using statistical methods appropriately. Glob Clin Transl Res. 2020;2(1):10-1.
5. Wayant C, Scott J, Vassar M. Evaluation of Lowering the P Value Threshold for Statistical Significance From .05 to .005 in Previously Published Randomized Clinical Trials in Major Medical Journals. JAMA. 2018;320(17):1813-5.
6. Colquhoun D. An investigation of the false discovery rate and the misinterpretation of p-values. R Soc Open Sci. 2014; 1(3):140216.
7. Loiselle D, Ramchandra R. A counterview of 'An investi-gation of the false discovery rate and the misinterpretation of p-values' by Colquhoun (2014). R Soc Open Sci. 2015; 2(8):150217.
8. Ioannidis JP. The Mass Production of Redundant, Misleading, and Conflicted Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses. Milbank Q. 2016;94(3):485-514.
9. International Schizophrenia C, Purcell SM, Wray NR, Stone JL, Visscher PM, O'Donovan MC, et al. Common polygenic variation contributes to risk of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Nature. 2009;460(7256):748-52.
10. Moher D, Hopewell S, Schulz KF, Montori V, Gotzsche PC, Devereaux PJ, et al. CONSORT 2010 explanation and elabo-ration: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomised trials. BMJ. 2010;340:c869.