Global Clinical and Translational Research > Instructions
For general manuscript preparation you may refer to Instruction for authors (PDF). The journal follows the recommendations (PDF) by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). The updated version is available here.
For medical research manuscript, we suggest authors refer to ICMJE’s recommendation for preparing a manuscript for submission to a medical journal.
Authors should prepare necessary documents for submission to a journal following the ICMJE’s recommendation for submission.
Authorship should follow the ICMJE’s recommendation, which follow as:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
- Please find more information on Non-Author Contributors.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
Conflict of interest disclosure must be included in the publication. In some cases of conflict of interest, the journal use the ICMJE’s Conflict of Interest Disclosure which should be filled out and submitted to the editorial office upon manuscript is accepted.
Report Guidelines for Main Types of Study
- Randomized trials-CONSORT (Checklist, Diagram)
- Observational studies-STROBE (Checklist, WORD)
- Systematic reviews-PRISMA (Checklist); Others
- Study protocols-SPIRIT
- Diagnostic/Prognostic studies-STARD
- Case reports-CARE (Checklist)
- Clinical practice guidelines-AGREE
- Qualitative research-SRQR
- Animal preclinical studies-ARRIVE
- Quality improvement studies-SQUIRE
- Economic evaluation-CHEERS
All manuscripts submitted to Global Clinical and Translational Research are subject to peer review and are expected to meet standards of academic excellence. The specific processes are as follow:
- The journal implements a double-blind peer review process, so we remove the author information when we send a manuscript out for peer review. If the reviewer wants to see the author information and believes that the information may help evaluate the manuscript, please feel free to contact the editorial office by the email you are invited.
- Upon submission, the Editorial Office will consult with associate editors to have a preliminary check on the manuscript submitted, and then decide whether to send out for a peer review besides the editorial staff.
- When the editorial office receives the review back, associated editors will assess the revised manuscript according to reviewer’s comments. If the associate editor feel that the revised version of manuscript meets the criteria for a publication, editorial office will send it to editor-in-chief for approval.
- Editor-in-chiefs will make final approval for all manuscripts before acceptance, with necessary comments that may or may not require the author(s) to address.
- The journal publishing follows the ICMJE’s “Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals”, The Council of Science Editors (CSE) ‘s “Editorial Policy Statements“, and also the Principle of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing, a joint statement by Committe on Publication Ethics (COPE), Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), and Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association (OASPA).
- The journal is for a subscription, with options for open-access publications. For article published under open-access policy, please visit Article Process Charge (APC).
- For subscription publication, authors need to sign the Copyright and authorship form after a manuscript is accepted for publication and submit to the editorial office.
Guide to reviewers
When the review is completed, we would require each reviewer to complete the evaluation form and send them along with the comments to author(s) through online submission or email to the editorial office.
Related forms and guidelines
- Authorship change application form (PDF)
- Post-acceptance process, PDF
- Paper layout rules, PDF
- Vancouver reference style for journal article
- World Association of Medical Editors
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE).
- National Library of Medicine
- Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE)
- World Association of Medical Editors (WAME)
- The Council of Science Editors(CSE)
- International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
- The Library of Congress (LOC)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)